In case if you’re going to update your NEX’s or Sony A7 cam using MacOS, be aware that you may easily brick it. After multiple trials I’ve finally revived mine. Here what I did:
1. Turned of the cam. Removed the battery.
2. Put battery back. Turned on the cam. Connected it to the Mac.
3. Started the update app (NEX-6 firmware 1.03).
4. Clicked Next and then Run update.
5. It’s very important(!!!): don’t do anything on the computer while update runs. Don’t switch to another app. Keep your Mac awake!
That’s it. Thanks Sony for wonderful software that may brick any cam with such ease!